Wedding Weight Loss Tips | Increase Your Metabolism
You are a bride-to-be, and you have just committed yourself to losing some weight for your wedding day. Most brides-to-be are fully motivated to lose weight (more than any others) because they want to look great on their wedding day. Well, who wouldn't? A wedding day is supposed to happen only once in your life (cross your fingers for that, given the dire divorce statistics in the US today!).
So here are some more tips to help you on your wedding weight loss goals by increasing your metabolism rate.
What exactly is metabolism and why is it important for weight loss? Well, metabolism is the process by which the body burns calories. When a person experiences a high rate of metabolism, they are more likely to lose weight. If a person experiences a slow metabolism rate, it is more likely that the individual will gain weight over time.
One thing to note is that we all need energy to maintain our bodies. And we get that energy through calories. This particular energy is an important method of maintaining the body. Metabolism is the process in which this energy is burned. Every minute of every single day, the body is working to ensure that calories are burning in order to fuel your body. Your body requires a basic level of energy in order to operate efficiently, keep you alert and energized throughout the day, and process important minerals and key nutrients to ensure your overall health.
People who have a high level of muscle mass in the body generally have a high metabolism rate. And people who have a high level of fat in the body have a low metabolism rate. Fat tissue and cells do not require much energy to remain consistent while muscle requires a lot of energy in order to remain strong and healthy.
Our bodies will generally lose muscle mass as we age, and if we do not take steps to change it, we will have lower metabolism making it easier for us to gain weight!
Here's what you can do about it:
1) Always eat breakfast in the morning. It jumpstarts your body's ability to start making fuel for the rest of the day. People who skip breakfasts have a lower metabolic rate, and heavier than those who do not.
2) Increase metabolism by eating smaller meals through the day. Eat 4 to 6 six small meals, 2 to 3 hours apart.
3) Take foods that and beverages that are high in carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, and other key nutrients because these are an essential part to developing a natural increase in metabolism. Include more energy foods such as whole grains, beans, vegetables and fruits.
4) Be careful of any diet that requires you to starve yourself for many hours when trying to lose weight. This will slow down your metabolism in a hurry. Avoid 5 to 6 hour gaps between meals without eating.
5) Plan your meals and eat smaller meals at regular intervals. The common mistake is to skip meals and eat too little during the day. This makes you vulnerable for eating junk food later in the day. Eating to lose weight takes planning.
6) Do not eat heavily in the night (at dinner for instance). If you adhere to step 5, you will not have a reason to binge during the last meal of the day.
7) Short bursts of an exercise routine (like running at full speed on the treadmill for 15 mins) does not help with increasing your metabolism. So be sure to incorporate a walking routine to your exercise regime to increase metabolism at least three to four times a week. Walk 30 to 40 minutes each time. This is the best way to increase your metabolism.
8) Add the types of exercise to your regimen that focus on developing the muscles in the body and increasing the oxygen levels to the blood.
9) Use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible. Walk to the post office instead of getting into the car. Take your dog on a daily walk. Do more activities around the house to burn energy - cleaning is an exercise!